First of all, yes, you are purchasing the gift cards from Fluz but what you are purchasing are digital gift cards of merchants. For example, a CVS gift card is not a Fluz gift card, it is an actual CVS gift card. This means it should work in-store and online, unless stated otherwise.
This article contains information about the following:
- Digital gift cards
- Basic How To Use Instructions
- Do my gift cards expire?
- Do I need to use up the gift card balance all at once?
- Can I use more than one gift card per transaction?
- How can I check my gift card balance?
- How do I update my gift card balance in the Fluz app?
- Can I get a refund?
Physical gift cards are gift cards which you have the actual card of. With digital gift cards, instead of a physical card, what you have is a bar code, gift card number, and pin (if applicable).
It is important to make the distinction between physical and digital gift cards because when you are paying in the store, some stores have a different redemption process for physical vs. digital gift cards. Therefore, remember to tell the cashiers that you are using a digital gift card.
- Go to the Menu button (☰) on the top right of your screen,
- Click "Accounts & Cards", make sure that you are in the "Money In" tab.
- Press the + sign to add a credit/debit card.
Tip: Make sure you add a payment method before you get in line at the cashier.
- Open the Fluz App, input the store you want to shop at in the "search" box.
- Enter the gift card amount. You may enter an exact amount. Or you may enter a bigger amount and use up the gift card balance over time. For some merchants, you can only purchase a fixed amount.
- Press "continue".
- Enter your four (4) digit security passcode.
- Press "purchase your code". Once you've purchased your code, your card on file is immediately charged. You will earn cashbacks immediately.
Note: Fluz does not work retroactively or by upload receipts.
Note: If you do not show your barcode for the cashier to scan, and if you pay with cash/credit card, your credit card will be charged again. You are not paying with the gift card that you just bought from Fluz.
If you've already bought a gift card, open the Fluz App. All your purchased gift cards live in the "past purchases" found in the Menu button (☰) on the top right, then click "past purchases".
Click on the gift card you want to use, you may be prompted to enter your four (4) digit security passcode.
- Access the gift card you want to use.
- Ask the cashier to scan the barcode on your phone. The cashier can also manually enter the bar code number and the pin instead. Remember to mention that it is a digital gift card.
Tip: if scanning the barcode doesn't work, make sure your screen is bright and clean.
The gift cards typically won't expire after a year, some do not expire so you can certainly use them next time. However, it's best to check with the merchant to be sure of how long.
Visa prepaid cards expire within six (6 months of purchase).
No. You do not have to consume the whole amount in one purchase. You can use them over time. However, make sure they are not expired.
Typically, yes, you can use multiple gift cards per transaction. However, it is best to check with the store on the exact limit.
You can also pay with cash/credit card if you your gift card doesn't cover the whole amount. Better yet, but another gift card from Fluz to maximize on cashbacks!
You can simply do a google search on that store's gift card balance checker. Enter the card number and pin found on the Fluz App.
Some merchants like Amazon, Uber, Spotify etc. require you to log-in your account to redeem or check the gift card balance.
As stated before you make a purchase, gift cards are non-refundable. However, for issues, please contact Fluz at +1 646 362 9106 for assistance. If you are eligible for a refund, it may be subject to a 10-30% restocking fee.